Skyros, Greece

Athens Weather forecast © weather-wherever.co.uk

Thursday 16 July 2009

Atsitsa Summer Daze by Cathy Skora

Skyros, Greece Summer 2009
How fortunate I feel to be celebrating my 10th year as a part of the lovely Atsitsa experience as session AT5 is coming to close. As always the minute I arrive on Skyros I feel like I am home. The stress of my everyday life immediately fades as I am welcomed into Atsitsa Bay by the graceful pine forest and expansive sea.

Our two weeks have been full of activity yet relaxing as I find can only happen at Atsitsa. In between mosaics, singing, and dancing there is always a minute to jump into the sea and cool off while reflecting and absorbing the lovely vibe of our Atsitsa community.

This session was especially touching as Dina Glouberman, one of the founders of Atsitsa was teaching and directing. She shared with us that it is the 25th anniversary year for Atsitsa. Upon hearing this news the party plans began!

And what a party it was… a great dinner and anniversary cake by Taki, a beautifully decorated dining area by everyone in the community, dancing, drumming, symbolic floats into the sea. The celebration was truly charming. The 25th anniversary celebration will continue throughout the rest of the session this year.

I will be staying on for the AT6 session and look forward to the continued and charming vibe at Atsitsa.

Cathy Skora is one of the exceptionally talented Skyros facilitators, teaching Afro-Brazilian & Belly Dance. To find out more about Skyros holidays, visit www.skyros.com, call 01983 865566 or email office@skyros.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment