Skyros, Greece

Athens Weather forecast © weather-wherever.co.uk

Thursday 23 May 2013

Is a Life Coaching Holiday Right for You?

Marcia's group at The Skyros Centre
Skyros holiday participant, Marcia Piciotto, recently joined facilitator Kate Daniels for one of Skyros' renowned life coaching holidays at the Skyros Centre in Greece. 

With encouraging and expert facilitators, and a charming island location, these holidays are especially welcomed by solo travellers. They offer inspiration, encouragement and support for all those who would like to move towards positive change in any aspect of life, whether personal or professional.

So, what exactly is life coaching? And is a life coaching holiday right for you? 

This inspirational piece from Marcia will help you decide if a life coaching holiday is right for you!

Marcia: I came across a book about holidays that change your life, at a time when I was looking for a different kind of summer holiday. The minute I read the description about the Skyros Village Centre, I knew I had found the perfect solution. The location was enchanting – a Greek island no less – and the focus on community was very appealing to me. Added to that was that fact that it attracted solo travellers of all ages.  
Not just coaching, dancing too!

I considered both the Writers' Lab and the Life Choices programmes and carefully read the details of all the courses. However, as soon as I read the description of Kate Daniels course, it resonated.  Quote: “Let go of outdated patterns, old fears and self-consciousness ….”  It felt as if the course had been created just for me and where I was in my life.


Cabaret: Marcia sings
Despite a little nervousness and sense of vulnerability on the first day, I soon realized that it was the best decision I could have made. Kate is warm, nurturing and respectful and creates an environment where it felt safe to be vulnerable and to express my feelings, thoughts, fears, needs and challenges. She was extremely supportive when I needed my hand held, while also being very encouraging when I was ready to challenge myself and take steps forward.  

I learned so much about myself in those two weeks, being able to see myself and appreciate myself for the first time as others did. I came home with renewed self confidence, the courage to try new things (which I did – I even sang in a cabaret!) and so many wonderful memories and friendships that still sustain me. I had such a wonderful experience that I went back to Skyros again a couple of years later! I can’t encourage you enough to treat yourself to a Skyros experience.

Marcia Piciotto

Life coaching holidays take place at The Skyros Centre in Skyros island, Greece between June and August 2013. Prices start from only £595 for a one week holiday including half board accommodation and courses.

For more information visit www.skyros.com, call us at the Skyros office on +44 (0)1983 865566, or email us at office@skyros.com and our friendly staff will be happy to help. Ready to book? Use the online booking form or call Skyros on +44 (0)1983 865566.


If you would like to join Kate Daniels in Skyros, her life coaching course, Transform Your Life, will run from Saturday 10 – Friday 23 August 2013. The price, £1,245, includes 13 nights' half board twin share accommodation, life coaching tuition and early morning yoga. Single upgrades available. Find out more

No comments:

Post a Comment